CAMFT Course Details
- Internal Empowerment, Inc. (provider #147917) “Reality Therapy Basic Training for Counselors” course meets the qualifications for hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- This course is intended for licensed professional counselors to learn the fundamental concepts of Choice Theory and Reality Therapy as well as adopt new skills for use in practice with clients.
- IECAST, Inc. is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs and others IECAST, Inc. maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Certificates of Completion are awarded immediately following completion of the course. Certificates are delivered electronically through the LMS, SkyPrep.
- The course consists of two parts: an online course and assessment portion as well as an online class meeting portion. Both portions can be self-paced and the entire course can be completed in as few as 8 weeks or as many as 24 weeks, however the average time to completion is 14 weeks.
- The online course portion is divided into 14 modules each of which is estimated to take one week to complete. The online course will be delivered through SkyPrep Learning Management software, which has downloadable and interactive capabilities.
- Enrollment in the course is on a rolling basis and students may start the course at any time.
- The online class meetings will take place at the beginning of the course and after completing every 2 modules for a total of 8, 90-minute web-based meetings. Class meeting options will be offered a minimum of two times per week with a maximum of 15 students per meeting. Additional times will be offered to meet enrollment demand.
- Meeting times will be available weekdays, evenings and weekends. Current class times include Mondays, 12pm PST, Thursdays 6pm PST.
Les Triché is the President and founder of Internal Empowerment, Inc. He was trained and certified in “Reality Therapy/Choice Theory, Advanced Practicum, and Basic Intensive Training,” by the late, renowned William Glasser, M.D. of the William Glasser Institute. Triché is a State and Community Corrections Provider, providing STC training to correction organizations; provides leadership and instruction in Reality Therapy and Choice Theory. His focus is to facilitate reframing, restoring, and reallocation of resources to enhance individuals’ relationships, behavior, choices and self-trust, through effective and responsible means. Triché holds an AA in Sociology; a BA in Behavioral Science, with a Certificate in Criminal Justice & Corrections; an MA in Public Administration; an MA in Public Policy; and a Ph.D (ABD) in Judicial Law & Public Policy. He has an extensive track record of providing consultant services from corporate boardrooms in South America, Mainland China, South Africa, and other countries to “gang controlled” areas in Los Angeles.
Shearon Bogdanovic is a Choice Theory – Internal Empowerment Coach. She is certified in Choice Theory/Reality Therapy and is a Basic Instructor and Advanced Practicum Supervisor for the William Glasser Institute. She facilitates the Choice Theory Connections – Internal Empowerment Coaching curriculum and sits on the Choice Theory Connections – Internal Empowerment Coaching panel to endorse Addiction Coaches. Shearon holds a Master of Science degree in Nursing from UCLA. Shearon served as co-editor of Take Charge of Your Life and is a certified Take Charge of Your Life Mentor by The William Glasser Institute. She is a frequent presenter at William Glasser Conferences in various countries. She co-presented with Les Triché information regarding the success of the Choice Theory Connection – Internal Empowerment Coaching Program to the California Rehabilitation Oversight Board (C-ROB).