Learn Choice Theory from the
convenience of your home or office
- The #1 ingredient in personal change — and how to use it to power your own and others’ growth
- Detailed breakdown of Choice Theory and how it explains human behavior
- How to find out what you and others really want in a relationship — both personal and professional
- How to reorganize the way you relate to others and get more of what you want out of life
Choice Theory® and Reality Therapy® Certification
- This program is an educational approach to competence in building relationships, problem solving, and leadership in any area of human endeavor including counseling, teaching, managing, and parenting.
- The two main training programs are:
- Choice Theory/Reality Therapy Certification
- Faculty Training
- Although this training has been designed for people who work with people professionally, and is educational in purpose, participants have found the study of Choice Theory to be extremely useful as husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, grandparents, friends and colleagues. You will learn how to use the seven habits that can improve every relationship in your life. You will begin the skillful use of the questions that promote change and begin to see a difference in your own life.
- Maintain healthy relationships by practicing the seven habits that bring people closer together.
- Apply Choice Theory psychology in education, counseling, managing, parenting, and marriage.
- Develop a more thorough understanding of mental health and happiness.
Steps to Certification
- The training to become CT/RTC is an 18-month process and consists of five steps:
- A Basic Intensive Training is the first step in the certification process and is taught by William Glasser International-approved faculty throughout the United States, Canada and other countries around the globe. Internal Empowerment is currently the only online provider of WGI Basic Intensive Training in the US.
- The Basic Practicum consists of at least 30 hours, 12 of which must be face-to-face directly with a Practicum Supervisor. (If a customer has attended a 3-day Intensive Training of 20 hours, more practicum hours may be necessary prior to attending the Advanced Intensive Training).
- The Advanced Intensive Training brings participants to a higher level of experience and understanding of Dr. Glasser’s Reality Therapy, Choice Theory and Lead-Management.
- The Advanced Practicum consists of at least 30 hours, 12 of which must be face-to-face directly with a Practicum Supervisor. (If a customer has attended a 3-day Intensive Training of 20 hours, more practicum hours may be necessary prior to attending the certification session).
- The final step in the process leading to CT/RTC is the attendance at Certification Sessions. This program, brings participants from various professions together to gain new knowledge and demonstrate the skills learned throughout the previous steps.
What We Offer
- The first step in learning the tools that can change every relationship in your life, including with yourself, is to register for our online Basic Intensive Training.
- Alternatively, you may request to have your Reality Therapy Basic Intensive Training for Counselors qualify with William Glasser International as the first step in the certification process.
- We also provide in-person or online practicums and in-person Advanced Intensive Training or Certification Sessions upon request.
The first step in learning the tools that can change every relationship in your life, including with yourself, is to register for our online Basic Intensive Training:
Details & Pricing
- Online, Self-Guided, Self-Paced Course
- 30 total hours for online course and live sessions
- Course meets every two weeks for 90 minutes
- Total of 8 weeks to complete live sessions
- $500.00 all-inclusive, no additional fees